Re: MTAs: rejecting senders with exim and delivering responses to rejected senders

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 02:15:36PM +0200, Hans Wilmer wrote:
> Well, better solutions are appreciated :) I've been looking for
> providers of mailhosting yesterday evening because things would be
> easier if I had my own domain, but I couldn't find an appropriate
> offer yet. To have my own domain with a multidrop mailbox with a quota
> of at least 50 MB would be nice.

In your exim.conf add a line like this:

host_reject_recipients = lsearch;/etc/mail/block/hosts

I have added it in the main configuration settings part,
just after the smtp_verify option.

Basically, this is telling exim that the IPs to be blocked
are in a file called hosts
located in /etc/mail/block; the lsearch means it is a text
file and a linear search has to be carried out to identify
IPs which have to be blocked.

(If you have a large number of IPs, it may be better to
create a database; for that, refer to the exim documentation
at www.exim.org)

Then create this file (hosts) in /etc/block/mail (you
can create it in any other location, change the
path accordingly. I chose this because it was listed as
the default).

It works for me. YMMV.

Sam
--