MTAs: rejecting senders with exim and delivering responses to rejected senders

Hi,

I'm having some trouble setting up my MTAs. The situation is as
follows:

Server: provides dial-up connection to ISP, runs qmail
	qmail sends any non-local mail using smtp.SoftHome.net
	  as remote SMTP server
	The remote SMTP server accepts mail only when envelope-sender
	  and From: line are set to my mail-address
	  (yagibdah@softhome.net).
	To get mail from my accounts, I'm running fetchmail to fetch it.

Workstation: runs exim
	     exim sends any non-local to Server, using it as a relay
	     exim does address-rewriting, using /etc/email-addresses

This works fine. I can send and receive mail reliably. Using
smtp.SoftHome.net to send mail to remote recipients instead of sending
it directly is required because I don't have a fixed IP address so
that I won't get error messages in case delivery of my mail
fails. Moreover, some stupid hosts won't accept my mail if sent
directly.

Now, I've set up exim to reject mails from some senders, using
/etc/exim.reject. This works fine, too: exim rejects mail from the
senders I specify, and the sender gets a mail like the following: