Re: MUA with html support

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:06:44AM -0700, Duncan Watson wrote:
| On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:36:13PM -0400, D-Man wrote:
| > On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:16:55PM -0700, Duncan Watson wrote:
| [snip]
| > | So I am looking for either a super duper lynx-like tool that can render
| > | html attachments pretty and colorful or a new MUA that has similiar
| > | features.
| >
| > The links in woody can handle color (at least to some extent), you
| > might want to try that.  For sending HTML mail you could try something
| > like gnp (It is an editor intended for HTML) and set the Content-Type:
| > header yourself.
|
| Excellent.  I will look into links today.  I probably will have to adjust
| my colors again since it most likely will work best with a white
| background.

I use it with a black background (both Linux console and
gnome-terminal).

| For editors I use vim.  I am completely addicted to it and though I keep
| trying to switch to various emacsen for certain tasks I still am tied to
| vim.  I can write html directly in vim without too much trouble.  I would

Cool.  Vim rocks :-).

| like to figure out a way to render it before sending.  Maybe I can do that
| from the compose menu.

I think that you can view the "attachments" (IIRC each MIME section is
a separate "attachment") with your autoview setup.

| > | I was tempted to look at balsa but the package is currently broken
| > | and downloading half of gnome always annoys me.
| >
| > Balsa has a fairly nice GUI and can render HTML mail (and images,
| > IIRC) but it doesn't handle mailing lists (like mutt does) and I don't
| > think it can send HTML mail.
|
| Unfortunately I have see some of that.  I am too dependent on the 'little'

Yeah, I really like mutt too.

| features of mutt.  I use the 'little brother database' as well, which is a
| godsend for corporate use.  It is certainly easier to locate a random
| email address that some guy named 'guy' used in the last 3 months with lbdb
| than with Notes.  I love my tools under linux.

Ok, I'm not familiar with those features/addons.

| Thanks again,

You're welcome.  There is something else I hadn't thought of when I
sent the previous message -- you could probably use
Galeon/Mozilla/Konqueror/whatever for autoviewing HTML if you want the
works.

-D