apt-get question.

Hi,

I am struggling to build deb package from source but
failed. I am quite new to apt so, for example I would
like to build kdebase from

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/dists/stable/main/source

I have added the line

deb-source
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb
stable main

then run apt-get update followed apt-get -b source
task-kde but apt-get always complains that can not
fetch file

Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/dists/stable/mainsource/task-kde_2.1.3.dsc
 Unable to fetch file, server said 'Can't open
/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/dists/stable/mainsource/task-kde_2.1.3.dsc:
No such file or directory  '
Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/dists/stable/mainsource/task-kde_2.1.3.tar.gz
 Unable to fetch file, server said 'Can't open
/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/dists/stable/mainsource/task-kde_2.1.3.tar.gz:
No such file or directory  '

the thing is there is actually no directory mainsource
as it wants to fetch, there should be main/source but
I dont understand why apt-get did not insert the /
between this. I use konqueror and browse to the
location, it has all files there!

What is wrong here and how to fix it,

BTW Is there a way to build debian pakages manually, I
mean I rather download the files (diff, dsc
orig.tar.gz ...using any ftp client into local and
build it.

Thank you very much indeed.

=====
S.KIEU

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!