Re: Keeping kernel compilation options

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 01:02:35 +0200
joost@topaz.mdcc.cx (Joost Kooij) wrote:

> There are so many compelling reasons to use kernel-package that
> they are listed in a document in /usr/share/doc/kernel-package.
> Installing kernel-package will also pull in the other packages
> needed to build the kernel from source.  Be sure to use dselect,
> or you will miss the suggested and recommended packages.

Hmmm,

Sorry to butt in in this thread, but my question seems to belong here as
well. I noticed yesterday that installing kernel-package on i386 does not
install bin86, which is necessary to build the boot code. Now I know Joost
is going to say that I should have used dselect :), but I think that bin86
would be a required dependecy on i386 then, wouldn't it? Or does Debian
use the same dependencies across all architectures?
Time to file a bug report?
--
Baby even the losers get lucky sometimes
Even the losers keep a little bit of pride

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers - Even The Losers