hylafax

Hello,
I setup HylaFAX-server, and it is running.  I also added a faxmodem to
/dev/ttyS0 with faxaddmodem.  It detected a class 1 modem and created a file
called config.ttyS0.  The problem I have is when I try to send a fax to that
computer, I dial the number that the modem is hooked up to, but it doesn't
pick up, it just keeps on ringing.
What do I have to do to make the modem pickup and receive the fax?  In my
/etc/inittab file I added t0:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0 , but I
don't know if this is right.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt