Re: Motherboards

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 04:34:23PM +0100, Keith O'Connell wrote:
> Hi,

> I want a new machine, and for fun and education I am going to build
> it from scratch. I have pretty much decided on an Athlon 1.2GHz. I
> will run a small partition with Windows Me on it, but it will
> predominantly be up in Debian.
>
> I thought I would consult here as to the motherboard that will give
> the least compatibility problems with the various chip sets
> available and for on-board sound.

I'v got an FIC AZ-11.  From my experience, Iw ould suggest not getting
it.  It works fine with linux, but the first board I got was a lemon,
something wrong with the memory slots that deteriorated to the point it
couldn't even boot without locking up, and the replacement I got seems
to have broken USB support (USB worked just fine witht he first one,
now devices don't even show in /proc/bus/usb/devices).

Good luck :)

-Dan