Re: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135 (daemon.log)

listmgr> I have tracked this down to the point that I know it is an
listmgr> alias for the real time clock, and that it only occurs soon
listmgr> after switching to run-level 6 and run-level 0. I also know
listmgr> that the alias exists in two files, that I know of;
listmgr> /etc/modules.conf and /etc/modutils/arch/i386. Removing the
listmgr> alias from i386 has no effect.

The file /etc/modules.conf is generated from all the files in
/etc/modutils/ . After you change something in one of those files, run
`update-modules' to generate the modules.conf.

You can get rid of the message by adding `alias char-major-10-135
off', but this only hides the real problem: some process tries to
access the RTC, but this functionality is not compiled in your kernel.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>