Re: fetchmail, mutt, masqmail

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:40:16 +0200, Dieter wrote:

> This sounds smart, small and fast - since Heather told me to use a
> lot of customized fetchmail-scripts.
>
> Can you tell me (newbie) how to configure and command masqmail to read
> and send mails while on a dialled-in-connection (pppd, pop3, smtp).
> As MUA I use mutt.

Look at /usr/share/doc/masqmail/examples.  Pretty much all you need to
know is in there.  If you still need help after customizing the examples
and placing them in /etc/masqmail, post back with your questions.

Also, there are manpages for the different masqmail configuration files
that are of some help in understanding the examples.  See man "masqmail"
and scroll down to the "SEE ALSO" section.

Mutt should not be effected by the MTA you choose, so you don't need to
worry about that.

--
  Paul T Wright <paul@cvanet.com>

   And, strange to tell, among the Earthen Lot
   Some could articulate, while others not:
      And suddenly one more impatient cried --
   "Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?"

            -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam --