Re: EDITOR

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 05:21:38PM +0200, Henk Janssen wrote:
> From: "Guy Geens"
>

> > It's very hard to be a Linux user and avoid vi completely. :)

Ack. Since I installed an old DEC VT420, which doesn't like emacs, I'm
forced to use vi instead, although I don't want to :-)

> I'm sorry if I appear to be a nitwit; but I'm rather fond of AE. Now I have
> this itsipitsy problem (so do you now by the way). My Balsa broke. As a
> result to that  I've looked into MUTT as it goes around here on a regular
> basis... But I have a HUGE problem with VI(M) as it is to much, just like
> emacs. Is there an alternative?

An alternative to mutt? Don't think so... it's too great.

> Because just for mailing with different mailboxes the learningcurve of Mutt,
> Procmail (don't get it but I will) AND Vi(m) is as steep that it makes me
> fall off (as you can probably notice).

procmail is not very hard to learn, it's really straightforward. Just
look at some examples.

> Also if you could set me up a sequence in how to tackle the mountain ahead
> of me..........muchos gracias

You can put a line like this in your .muttrc:
set editor="ae"
Then you can use ae instead of vi.

greets,

Stephen Rueger

--
Ich wuerde nur an einen Gott glauben, der zu tanzen verstuende.
(Friedrich Nietzsche)