Re: embarrassing X question

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 04:04:09PM -0400, Mike wrote:
[snip]
| This might be a kinda dumb question, but does X need to be running on the
| remote machine?  I've tried having X running on the remote machine, but it
| hasn't seemed to make a difference.

X must be running on the local side, obviously.  It doesn't need to be
running on the remote side because you aren't trying to connect to it.
If the remote side is, for example, a headless system then you will
have lots of trouble trying to run X on it :-).

I don't know what your problem is since you seem to have the config
set properly.  Hmm, maybe a firewall issue?  Hopefully someone with
more knowledge will provide some suggestions.

-D