Re: seting up a gateway

* D-Man (dsh8290@rit.edu) [010717 13:19]:
> I know you will need iptables for a 2.4 kernel (haven't been there
> yet).  For 2.2 kernels it is as simple as "apt-get install ipmasq"
> (which will install ipchains which does the "real" work) and then tell
> the others on the LAN to use your IP as the default gateway.

This should work on a woody or sid system as well (don't know about
potato specifically). The version of ipmasq here should work with
any of ipfwadm, ipchains, or iptables (and the dependencies reflect
this). Use dselect to install ipmasq, and when it asks which of the
three you want, choose iptables (for a 2.4.x kernel).

Vineet