Re: seting up a gateway

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 07:29:12PM +0000, Hereward Cooper wrote:

| Is there a gateway HOWTO? I found something along that lines but none of it
| applied to a debian system.

It would be titled "IP Masquerade" and "Linux Networking" or something
like that (on linuxdoc).

| Also what do i need a 2.4.6 kernel for it to work, am i right in
| thinking that it is different from 2.2.x?

I know you will need iptables for a 2.4 kernel (haven't been there
yet).  For 2.2 kernels it is as simple as "apt-get install ipmasq"
(which will install ipchains which does the "real" work) and then tell
the others on the LAN to use your IP as the default gateway.

-D