Re: PINE

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:28:42PM -0400, dude wrote:

> I know PINE is not what debian users use,
> but i recently convinced my girlfriend to
> let me install debian on her windows computer.
> Her only gripe with using it is
> that there are no debs of Pine.

There are unofficial (and perfectly legal) .debs of pine that used to be
at http://www.braincells.com/jaldhar/debian/pine/.  Jaldhar Vyas
<jaldhar@debian.org> made them, though his disk crashed and he has yet
to restore the web site completely.

The reason the .debs are legal is that Jaldhar used the 'L' version
number extension, which signifies that pine is "local" and not the pure
version distributed by UW.

Jaldhar is a Debian developer and his unofficial .debs are very high
quality.  If you check the above URL and can't find the files, send him
an email and he may be able to get them to you.

noah