From: Bruce Sass <bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
To: User zos <zos@starpower.fks.bt>
CC: dude <dude@deletia.com>, <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: PINE
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:22:10 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, User zos wrote:

> Compiling Pine on a debian system doesn't work out of the box in my
> experiance. There are .debs of Pine 4.22 last time I checked, but its been
> a while. I have compiled Pine on a few debian boxen and if you are
> interested in making a compile from source work (the better option vs. a
> debianized source package IMHO) you should look at the makefile structure
> of pine and start looking at why it won't compile. I think I remember it
> complaining about not seeing libraries and going and changing those
> references manually. Hope that helps.

This may help someone compiling Pine...
The Pine people confirmed it as a known problem and said it would be
fixed next release.

---
From bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca Wed Jul 18 02:17:41 2001
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:51:42 -0600 (MDT)
From: Bruce Sass <bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
To: pine@cac.washington.edu
Subject: "build lnp" sys/time.h problem

Hi,

Here is what I have...
Pine 4.33
libc6: glibc-2.2.3
gcc: gcc-2.95.4
on a Debian "testing/unstable" system (a.k.a. Woody/Sid)

Here is what I saw (close enough)...
in tz_sv4.c, function rfc822_timezone, line 30:
tzname undeclared, daylight undeclared,
dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

The last line was common to all the time.h related errors that came up
when these where compiling:
imap/src/osdep/unix/{os_lnx.c,news.c,phile.c}

I also "fixed" mh.c and mx.c, just 'cause they were probably next.

The fix was s!sys/time.h!time.h!
pointed out by a note in the sys/time.h file provided by libc6.
---

- Bruce