apt-move config problem

Anyone have more insight on this? Here's a question I asked Joost & his
reply:

> I've installed apt-move, and I've got my mirrors directory set up. Each
> time I run apt or deselect I decline to let it remove downloaded files
> and apt-move update.
>
> So far so good, but when I apt-get update it doesn't use the mirror.
> The first lines of an update look like this:
>
> Ign file: woody/contrib Release
> Ign file: woody/main Release
> Ign file: woody/non-free Release
> Ign file: woody/non-US/main Release
> Ign file: woody/non-US/non-free Release
>
> I'm sure my sources.list file is messed up. Can you tell me how to fix
> it?

You probably need to create a Release file, but I don't know the name of
the script that can do this.  It may be called apt-ftparchive, in the
apt-utils package. The Release file appears to be an apt thing.  If you
check the debian archive site manually with a webbrowser, you can see
what these files look like from the inside.  It lists the Packages files
and a checksum for their content.  There is in turn also a signature
for the Release file, but I don't thinks that is used by default.

I found some more info for you:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd-0104/msg00080.html

> Here's a glimpse of my /mirrors dir:
>
> $ ls /mirrors/debian/dists/woody/
> contrib  main  non-US  non-free
>
> And here's my sources.list file:
>
> # My attempt to get apt-move mirror to work...
> deb file:///mirrors/debian woody contrib main non-free
> deb file:///mirrors/debian woody/non-US main non-free

Looks okay.

Cheers,

Joost