Re: Converting SuSE to Debian

 --- Lukas Ruf <ruf@tik.ee.ethz.ch> wrote: > Dear all,

> I would like to convert my SuSE-installation to
> Debian.
> Of course, I know, I could simply boot from an
> installation CD and then do
> the whole installation procedure.  But I don't want
> to.

Come on man just 15Mb for base.tgz; then two floppy
image you can start the base system and do the rest
from the net, What is a deal?

> So, my question:
> - I would like to some programs (like dpkg/dselect
> and the like) to my
>   running SuSE linux and then start a program that
> (like dselect) which
>   allows me to convert the SuSE installation to a
> Debian based on.

I think it is hard, I have no idea about SUSE but sure
the /etc ; startting scripts etc... is quite different
from debian. And how to fake dpkg about all other
packages installed ? I dont think it is a good idea to
mess up like that.