Re: dselect is a liar

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 01:51:50PM +1000, bmcintyre@primus.com.au wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:38:56AM +1000, bmcintyre@primus.com.au wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:19:49PM +1000, Bruce McIntyre wrote:
> > > when i fire up dselect, it tells me that fetchmail version 5.8.11-1 is availible.
> > > when i check the same on the website it states that version 5.8.12.1 is current
> > >
> > > my problem is that fetchmailconf 5.8.12-1 depends on the latter version, which dselect doesn't know about.
> > >
> > > the pertinent section in /etc/apt/sources.list reads:
> > >
> > > deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > > deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
> > >
> > > deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > > deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
> > >
> > > is this wrong ?

> I don't mean to flood the list here---but I thought the subject header was not so
> very clear.
> I am wondering if this problem is linked to the archives not present problem some
> people are having.
>
> Bruce McIntyre.

Add some deb lines that point to mirrors in the USA (or whatever other
country that doesn't have trouble) to the bottom of
your sources.list file.

Some of the austrailian mirrors have been known to be out of sync with
the rest of debian.  This way, if they have old data, you'll get data
from the USA, if the AU servers are in sync, you'll get it from there
because apt prefers the servers at the top of the config file...

Mike