Re: fetchmail version inconsistent

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:19:49PM +1000, Bruce McIntyre wrote:
> when i fire up dselect, it tells me that fetchmail version 5.8.11-1 is availible.
> when i check the same on the website it states that version 5.8.12.1 is current
>
> my problem is that fetchmailconf 5.8.12-1 depends on the latter version, which dselect doesn't know about.
>
> the pertinent section in /etc/apt/sources.list reads:
>
> deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> is this wrong ?

still having the same problem but:

		dselect available       website packages search
		says :			says :
fetchmail		5.8-14-1		5.8.14-2
fetchmailconf		5.8.14-2		5.8.14-2
fetchmail-ssl		5.8.11-1		5.8.14-2

this still mucks up the dependencies for fetchmail and fetchmailconf.
there is a similar issue with xmame and xmame-x, the versions are different,
and so the dependencies cannot be fufilled.

Any help would be much appreciated.