Re: How to set up a "prefect" router

On Tuesday 17 July 2001 20:02, Michael B. Taylor wrote:
> I assume you want to set it up and have it just work, for an indefinite
> period.  I also assume that if it breaks, *you* have to fix it :).
> In that case, consider not using the harddrive.  Along with the
> power supply and fans, it is the least reliable component in the system,
> and well past its prime.
>
> I think some kind of 1 floppy linux, as you mentioned, might work fine for
> you.  Other possibilities are floppy based tftp (aka diskless) boot and
> (if you have access to a burner) eprom based tftp boot.
>
> Mik

Is there a one floppy linux you can recommend. I must have ppp included? Do i
have to make one by myself. If yes - how? Wich kernel whould be the best 2.2?
2.4? I heared that 2.4 doesn't work very well with old computers.

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"