Re: How to set up a "prefect" router

also sprach Raffaele Sandrini (on Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:33:49PM +0200):
> I have an old 486 DX33Mhz PC. I'd like to set it up as a router. It has a
> Ethernetcard,  250MB HDD and no CDROM.
> What is importatnt to look at? Should i use a 1 floppy Linux? If yes wichone?
> Should i use debian? Is it important to use kern2.4? Other usful tipps?

i have just done that. how much RAM do you have? i wouldn't start with
less than 16Mb. and yes, i use the 2.4.6 kernels and it works like a
charm. is this modem or ISDN or DSL routing?

dimmi in 10 secondi i nomi dei 7 re di roma, in ordine
decrescente di data di morte del figlio secondogenito,
in rot13... o faccio fuori la directory /dev !!!