Re: hard drives

On Monday 16 July 2001 16:44, john wrote:
> I seem to recall that way back (around 1994, 1995) I found that with a
> Tekram IDE card (set up as secondary IDE controller) I could only see the
> last drive if I had it primary on the controller, with the CD as slave. It
> might be the IDE controller causing you grief - although I'm surprised if
> that still applies with modern hardware.
>
> JPF

'bout the only thing i can say about which ide controller is used is that  it
is built into the motherboard in a hp vectra vl.

and the driver version is one thing i did notice: redhat 7.1 has an ide
driver version 1.10 whereas debian with 2.2.12 has an ide driver version of
1.08. i am inclinded to believe the difference lies there.

--
regards,
allen wayne best

Today's snit invasion consists of 0.0573905515484512 e +93 snits
(Approximated!)