Re: boot disks (again)

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 03:09:20PM -0400, R1nso13@aol.com wrote:
| thanks to everyone who helped with my mformat problem, but i am
| still unable to get my boot disks working so i though i'd write
| another e-mail in a little bit greater detail

IMO it is much easier to make a boot disk with grub.  Simply download
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-0.5.96.1-i386-pc.ext2fs and dump it
to a floppy (doesn't matter if it is formatted or not) with dd.  Then
boot with it.  Read a the sample menu.lst file that is on the floppy
and tweak it to match your system.  You can even copy the kernel (use
cp) to the floppy and tell grub to boot with that one.  Grub's config
file is mostly self-explanatory.  If you have more grub questions,
don't hesitate to ask.  Looking at the ftp site it looks like there is
a new "release" labeled
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-0.90-i386-pc.ext2fs, but I am using
the older (0.5.96.1) version and have been very happy with it.

HTH,
-D