Re: I NEED REALLY FAST HELP

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 07:14:12PM +0200, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Now something on the filesystem was destroyed and i must restore it. I have
> to navigate on the tape 2 marks back. I enter
> mt -f /dev/nht0 fsfm 2
> and i get an imput/output error!

Tapes are notorious for needing lots of care when dealing with them.
Often I am able to fix this problem by some combination of ejecting and
re-inserting the tape, using a cleaning cartridge to clean the drive, or
resetting the drive (either with a SCSI bus reset or by power cycling
it, depending on the situation).

noah