Re: XWindows library

	Subject: XWindows library
	Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 12:52:48PM +0200

Quoting Ellenkamp, Guus(Ellenkamp.Guus@kpmg.nl):
> I'm new to Linux and am trying to compile an X-Windows program but can't
> seem to link it. The library doesn't seem to be in place.

/rant on/
Signatures over 4-5 lines are considered rude on mailing lists.

Signatures that state that the messages may be confidential and fall
under a 'pledge of secrecy' are absurd on a mailing list that is read
world wide, and is referenced in search engine searches.   They also
waste bandwidth and cost people money to download them.
/rant off/

Your questions are somewhat cryptic, maybe due to your signature, and
are thus difficult to answer specifically.  Are you using Debian?
What version of Debian?  What program are you trying to compile?  What
errormessages are you getting?

Do you have dselect and/or apt-get installed?

Have you read the man pages of either of these programs?  Most
programs report an error that points to what library might be missing.
As you have not reported that/those error message we are left to guess
just what your problem might be.

My crystal ball is currently clouded so I must pass.
--
The day-to-day travails of the IBM programmer are so amusing to most of
us who are fortunate enough never to have been one -- like watching