Re: D-Link DFE-530TX+ (again)

Evan Flynn wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I tried the Realtek 8139 driver with no parameters and unfortunetely i got
> the "device busy" error. Please note that I am INSTALLING Debian and
> therefore i can't compile drivers (well maybe) or use kernel 2.4. Well I
> compiled the version that came with the card (they only provided source) on
> a system with RedHat 6.0 on it, didn't appear to work with Debian though.
>
> This is really becoming quite frustrating. Do I just need to enter
> parameters, or is there some way I could compile a driver, or perhaps it is
> a bad BIOS setting? Maybe I'm just a clueless newbie.  Anyway, the card
> works fine in Windows ME. Any help at all is appreciated, and I don't want
> to ditch a linux distro over a nic....

  there are few cards with the exact same model number, I got few of
them, bought in span of few month only and they are different. some of
them work with older driver (2.2. kernel driver)
, for newer ones you need new driver. not sure if there are install
disks with 2.4 kernels, you need 8139too driver (that one works with
both of my cards).

  for 2.2 kernel you need a driver from www.scyld.com, I guess you'll
need somebody to compile it for you.

	erik