D-Link DFE-530TX+ (again)

Hi.

I tried the Realtek 8139 driver with no parameters and unfortunetely i got
the "device busy" error. Please note that I am INSTALLING Debian and
therefore i can't compile drivers (well maybe) or use kernel 2.4. Well I
compiled the version that came with the card (they only provided source) on
a system with RedHat 6.0 on it, didn't appear to work with Debian though.

This is really becoming quite frustrating. Do I just need to enter
parameters, or is there some way I could compile a driver, or perhaps it is
a bad BIOS setting? Maybe I'm just a clueless newbie.  Anyway, the card
works fine in Windows ME. Any help at all is appreciated, and I don't want
to ditch a linux distro over a nic....

Regards,
Evan Flynn