Re: X Numpad mouse emulation

Ari Pollak wrote:

> Hi, I've been looking around for this answer for a while, but I can't
> find docs anywhere that show what I'm looking for.
> I know there's a keystroke combination to get X to make the numpad act
> like a makeshift pointer/mouse, but I can't figure out what that combo
> is.
> Unfortunately I keep hitting that combination by accident, and the
> only way I can re-set the numpad to act normal again is by restarting X.

  it's somewhere in the X docs, I've read it recemtly, can't remember
where exactly. The keyboard combination is: ctrl-shift-numlock (it
should beep), it's a toggle so you can switch to keyboard mouse and back
to normal mouse.

  use xev to figure out how the numeric pad works (5 - click, 0 - down,
. - release; /*- select the button for these actions, 12346789 move
pointer)

	erik