Re: midi problem with on board sound i810

 --- "Donald R. Spoon" <dspoon@satx.rr.com> wrote: >
Steve Kieu wrote:

> >--snip--<
> > Why kmidi can play (not mention about quality) but
> > playmidi and kmid can't?
> >

> This has to do with how the actual musical sounds
> are generated.  In
> older sound cards (like the original SoundBlasters)
> the sound
> "synthesis" was done with an on-board chip.  The
> most popular method was
> to use a FM Synthesis chip, like the OPL-2.  In
> newer sound cards this
> process is now done entirely in software and a
> "synthesis" chip is no
> longer included on the sound card / chipset
> hardware.

So is there anyway to create a virtual device for
playmidi or kmid to work?. I would like to know if I
can configure kmidi as a netscape plugin too, do you
have any information?

Thanks very much for your info.

=====
S.KIEU

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!