Re: MTA choice

Paul Tansom wrote:

> I'm just about to start configuring a mail server with IMAP support on a new
> Debain 2.2r3 install.  Does anyone have any views on the best MTA - no flame
> wars please ;-)
>
> I was looking to install Postfix with Cyrus for IMAP support.  I need to check
> up on the folder and sub folder handling of the IMAP side of things, but having
> noticed that Exim is installed by default with Debian I thought I'd re-evaluate
> my choices.
>
> I've only really used Sendmail so far.  Had a brief look at Qmail and didn't
> like the way you configured aliases much.  Anyone got any comments?

I've played in the last few days with Cyrus and Postfix, and things seem working,
the only drawback is the Cyrus packages in potato are pretty old (for that matter,
the package in sid is the same), looking around with google you will find some
unofficial packages for Cyrus 1.5.24 (considered the stable version from CMU) but
right now i can't find the link...

Andrea