Re: The format (or lack thereof) of the list...

User zos wrote:

> Since debian offers so many lists to look at and to subscribe to, why not
> have the name of the list appear in the subject automatically? For
> instance this list would be:
>
> [Deb-User] Subject

1- Because you lose valuable screen space
2- Because you can sort messages into separate folders anyway
   (e.g. procmail)

> Also since everyone here finds it in good taste to keep all replies
> directed to the list (so we can all benefit) why not add a simple
> reply-to: line?
>
> reply-to: debian-user@lists.debian.org

They are generally considered bad.  In other mailing list that do
this, I have mistakenly sent personal replies to the list because
of this.

Peter