Re: OT Ram upgrade options

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 08:52:35PM +0930, David Purton wrote:

| questions:
|
| 1.  I gather you can get PC66, PC100 and PC133 MHz ram.  Does my board
|     limit my options to one of these speeds? If so, how can I tell which
|     speeds are supported?

Pretty much all I know is that PC133 memory is backwards compatible
with PC100 memory.  That is, you can put PC133 memory into a board
that wants PC100 and the board won't know the difference.  I actually
tried that on my old Compaq (bought off-shelf in '98, who knows when
it was assembled) when I accidentally fried the memory that came with
it and CompUSA only had the PC133 available (it was a sale -- buy 64MB
for $30 and get a $30 rebate).

-D