Re: pine and Maildir

> >1. can pine use Maildir format, with a site config change
> >(/etc/pine.conf)? __abandoning__ pine is not possible immediately.
>
> The Debian package of Pine has maildir support builtin.
>
> >2. since IMP works with imap, just changing the imap server to use
> >Maildir instead of Mailbox will be enough or do I need to tackle
> >deeper/harder?
>
> Yes, but you probably need to install courier-imap instead of imapd.

I must have missed this question the first time around, but I have had
Pine, IMP, imapd AND Maildir all working together for over a year.  With
thousands of users each day.  It can be done.  It's a very flexible
setup.

Dunno if imapd is the best choice, but it worked for what I needed it to
do.

--
And you don't seem to understand
A shame, you seemed an honest man