Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

Brian Stults wrote:
> and 2) they want to know that I am conscious of security issues.  If
> anyone has any suggestions for the kinds of things to stress, I would be
> happy to hear them.

You might try mentioning that any of the security concerns brought up in
this thread (dhcp, samba, etc), can all be exploited from windows too if
one tries hard enough (all you need after all is the ability to send raw
data out a network socket). And of course, a windows user who has _not_
been pulled in for the grilling they have singled you out for, and who
is not security concious, will have their windows system vulnerable to
many holes which attackers could use to get in and then do the above.

--
see shy jo