DMA error

Hi,

I've recently been encountering some HDA errors/warnings that might be
serious. I'm using the following hdparm script:

    hdparm -d1 -u1 -m16 -c3 /dev/hda

This script is executed on startup. I see the following errors in
`dmesg`:

    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
    hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
    ide0: reset: success

What do these errors mean? How serious is the problem? What should I do
to fix it?

I can find the specs on the IDE controller + hard drive, but I don't
have them handy -- so tell me if they'd be helpful and I'll dig them up.

TIA,

Neil Conway