Re: mason firewall building tool

>>>>> "kiteless" == kiteless  <kiteless@sympatico.ca> writes:

kiteless> hello all i was just wondering if any of you have ever tried
kiteless> using a program / package called mason to build firewalls on

I tried mason once. It has an `auto-learn' mode where it will scan the
network and add filtering rules for everything which passes through
the firewall.

I found it generated way too many rules, and required quite a bit of
hand-tuning.

Later on, I switched to ipmasq, which sets up a NAT firewall out of
the box. You'll still have to add specific rules for filtering
services.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>