Re: Who's got a cheap scanner working?

%% Robert Voigt <robert.voigt@gmx.de> writes:

  rv> On Monday 09 July 2001 22:40, Andrew Perrin wrote:
  >> I'd like to add a cheap scanner (probably USB) to my machine, running
  >> debian potato. I don't need to do anything fancy, but would like basic
  >> scanning to work. It looks like I can get more than enough power from
  >> something like the Visioneer Photoport 7700 or the UMAX Astra 3400. Can
  >> anyone share successful experiences with a USB scanner?

  rv> I have a cheap parallel Plustek scanner working here. Most Plustek
  rv> scanners are supported, but not in Sane yet. I had to compile the
  rv> stuff myself.

My Plustek is in SANE (heh :); when was the last time you checked to see
if yours was supported?

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools