Restricting a users access

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to restrict a users access to one directory
only?

The situation is this, we have a /home/projects dir (also a Samba and
netatalk share)that all users currently have access to either thru win98 or
G4 macs.

The problem I have to solve is creating a directory for a new user in the
projects folder called '/home/projects/intern' which he is locked into and
cannot access in any way the rest of the /home/projects/ folder.  This folder
'intern' would remain writeable to all including the new user.

Since he will be connecting thru a mac and win box its not as easy as just
locking him into that dir as his home dir as netatalk and samba dont really
share the same characteristics.

Ken Mead