Re: Yamaha OPL2SA3 and 2.4

christophe barbé wrote:

It works with a 2.4.4 kernel but the sound is really bad.
I know that the alsa driver works fine but the debian package doesn't want
to work for me (I don't know why) and I don't want to use the tgz. I will
give it a try with the 2.4?6 kernel.

Christophe

Well, yes, it _kind of_ works :-\ Half the mixer settings aren't there though so I can't regulate the volume except through my speakers' volume control. I hardly consider it to be working under those conditions :-)

I think I may grab the module from the old 2.2 kernel I had installed before upgrading and see if it'll work with 2.4.5... I'll let you know how it goes.

I doubt that 2.4.6 will be any better. I don't see anything related to opl sound cards in the changelog and haven't so far in the 2.4.7pre series either. I wonder if the module maintainer's even aware of the problem or if someone should email him and let him know...