CUPS and LJ (was Re: LaserJet Plus and Samba)

D-Man <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:

> Either the printer has a PS interpreter in it (my LJIIIp has one as an
> add-on card) or you need to convert the PS into its flavor of PCL.
[...]
> I am using CUPS with my printer, and according to the LCD
> it is getting PCL data through lp0 even though I sent PS to lpr.

The default laserjet PPD files convert everything to PCL.  You should
probably find a specific PPD for your printer (or PS card), which
would eliminate the conversion to PCL, give you accurate margins, and
enable any features the printer has (such as paper tray selection).

Disclose classified information only when a NEED TO KNOW exists.