newbie installation problem

 ft> seem to find the module for the CD ROM drive during the installation. I
 ft> could

 ft> however run a shell & make a directory as /mnt/fd0 using
 ft> #mount -r /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom and then *cd* into cdrom and browse
 ft> directory etc of installation CD!!!!!!

 ft> And I also checked /lib/2.2.17/modules and there are modules, tho I
 ft> ain't sure

 ft> they are for the cdrom! The problem I figure is maybe the driver for
 ft> the cdrom
 ft> (TEAC CD 540-E manufactured Jan200 - I removed the cover and
 ft> checked..)is missing, tho installation CD had a module for TEAC,
 ft> matsushita etc.. and when I tried installing it said installation
 ft> failed! Any ideas what's wrong here? Should I go for 2.2r3?

I have the same cd-rom, and he doesn`t need any modules, as most of the IDE
devices... Just skip installing module for cd-rom.