Re: Acrobat Reader & Linux distributions

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 02:18:46PM +0100, Ted Harding wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm having problems with Acrobat Reader (version 4.0) segfaulting
> repeatedly on a SuSE-7.2. (This is with "Smooth text and images"
> turned on -- turning this off seems to cure it).
>
> What are people's experiences with this version of Acrobat Reader on
> other recent Linux distributions?

I have had trouble, stability wise, with pervious versions of Acrobat
reader on debian.  I think that may be in part because Adobe distributes
binarys, hence the program is not always compiled against the exact
libraries that it will be used with.

My solution is to use xpdf.  I have found xpdf to be fast, light, functional,
and robust.  If suse doesnt package it (that would suprise me), you can
get the source and build it yourself.

Mike