Re: Not Debian related. wvdial

On Sunday 08 July 2001 13:54, Wayne wrote:
<snipped>
> After I do all this I then start Netscape and try to go to some web
> page. The responds I get it that Netscape is unable to locate the web
> page.
>
> I tried to telnet into my isp, but I get host name undefind. I don't
> know which file telnet is looking into for the host name.
>
> Wayne
>
> P.S.  Does wvdial use /etc/ppp/pap-secret or /etc/pp/chap-sceret?

I don't know much about wvdial, other than it just works for me :) Do you
have any nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx lines in your /etc/resolv.conf ? I
get that sort of message if those are missing - going for an IP direct
works, though.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net