Re: TTF fonts

%% "Martin F. Krafft" <madduck@madduck.net> writes:

  mfk> also sprach Paul D. Smith (on Sat, 07 Jul 2001 06:07:40PM -0400):

  >> You don't have a fonts.scale or fonts.dir file in your fonts
  >> directory; I'm pretty sure you need to.

  mfk> first, i translate to Type-1, got to stay native, you know:

There's nothing non-native about TrueType as a format... ?  At least,
not moreso than other formats.

All the TrueType capabilities in both the xfs and builtin solutions are
free software, developed "natively" on Linux (most of them).

And I don't see how turning Microsoft TrueType fonts into Type-1 makes
them any more native than leaving them TrueType.  It just makes them
look worse :(.

But, whatever, it's your monitor :).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools