Re: TTF fonts

also sprach Paul D. Smith (on Sat, 07 Jul 2001 09:25:41PM -0400):
> All the TrueType capabilities in both the xfs and builtin solutions are
> free software, developed "natively" on Linux (most of them).

i hate portmap and consequently, i don't use any Xservers. now, unless
i go for XFree 4 which i am not ready for, this is the only choice.
but yes, you are right about it being non-native just like Type-1...

> And I don't see how turning Microsoft TrueType fonts into Type-1 makes
> them any more native than leaving them TrueType.  It just makes them
> look worse :(.

i would not use micro$oft fonts.

"in the stage of grand illusion
 you walked into my life