Re: TTF fonts

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 01:31:43AM +0200, Martin F. Krafft wrote:
[snip]

> first, i translate to Type-1, got to stay native, you know:
>   for i in *.ttf; do ttf2pt1 -b $i ${i%%.ttf}; done
>
> then, i create the font.scale file with the script at
>   http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/4413
>
> then i use mkfontdir and the two xset lines, and bingo, it works!

If you really want to use this font in X then please leave it as
ttf and use xfs-xtt, xfstt or XFree86 4.x. Hinting for low
resolutions doesn't work very well for Type 1 fonts. This makes
the fonts look ughly on screen. TTFs are a better coice for
on-screen display.

Cheers
Martin
--
[We] use bad software and bad machines for the wrong things.
		-- R.W. Hamming