Re: xv alternatives

Hi,

I don't know if it is quite the same, but I use "display" and "convert"
that comes in the "imagemagick" package.  imagemagick is free as long as
you use the libmagick4g library instead of the libmagick4g-lzw (which
comes from non-free).  I didn't make a concious effort to choose the
free version so it probably is the default.

Disclaimer: I'm a geek, not a lawyer.

--

Thank you,
Joe Bouchard