Re: Digital camera and Linux

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 02:06:06PM +0400, Ilya Martynov wrote:
> Or any advice on another relatively cheap and good digital camera
> which can be used with Linux?

Check out www.gphoto.org.  There is a compatibility list there.  gphoto
is packaged for Debian but supports very few current models.  gphoto2 is
under development and supports many more cameras.  I bought a Canon
Powershot A20 which is not specifically supported, but a simple patch to
gphoto2 did the trick and I can now move pictures to and from my camera
from my Debian machines.  This is especially useful on my laptop so that
I now have capacious storage for pictures when I'm on the road.
--
Michael Epting (epting@ix.netcom.com)