dpkg --{g|s}et-selections

Hi all,

I must be being thick...

alonzo:~# mount /dev/sda7 /mnt
alonzo:~# dpkg --get-selections >/mnt/tmp/slns
alonzo:~# chroot /mnt
alonzo:/# dpkg --set-selections </tmp/slns
alonzo:/# dpkg --get-selections >/tmp/slns2
alonzo:/# diff --brief /tmp/slns /tmp/slns2
Files /tmp/slns and /tmp/slns2 differ

Those two files are meaningfully different.

What I'm trying to do is move a potato install from one partition to
another, as part of a rearrangement and resizing of partitions.  I
figured that I could make a tarball of /etc, /usr/local, and possibly I
need /var, and then use the selections list and I'd have the same
install I had before, but --set-selections is beating me.

Cheers,  Josh