From: Jeff Conder [mailto:jeffconder@home.com]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 12:05 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: printing

Newbie here...

I've used unix systems for years and am certainly not an expert.
I'm new to Linux and just installed it on my pc. Why can't I print?
There is no lp, lpr command. There is a /dev/lp0 device and
my printer was recognized during installation.
I found documentation that said I needed to install a
package like LPD, but haven't found any packages that
refer to printer in dselect.

I think I'm going down the wrong path with this print
thing.

Any suggestions for getting print capability?

I'm heading to the bookstore tomorrow, then maybe
I can ask more intelligent questions :o

Thanks

Jeff